Ok, not that everybody doesn't know the rules but here' they are.
- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Harry icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you. [Note: Your home address is not required!]
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no guarantees with this project, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1) For someone to find/create a photobucket alternative that isn't blocked by the Chinese government, and then promote its usage accross LJ (I hate not being able to see all the things you guys post :( *sigh*)
2) Better yet, someone have a sit down with the Chinese government and convince them to stop blicking web pages all together. (I can't get angelfire or geocities either)
3) Paid LJ time :D Because my current subscription is running out....
4) For someone to upload HP GOF for me. I bought the DVD over here, but as you can all see I want it in English, and that's just not going to happen here :(
5) More personalized icons!! I have been using the same icons for forever, and I'm getting tired of them :( So something new, and with my name on it would be great. :D Fandoms I like are QaF (obviously) Due South and I have some HP pics I'd love to be made into icons (I've tried but I *really* suck :()
6) Michael/Justin anything! Fic, or vids especially :) I actually have a post S5 plot bunny written out if anyone wants to take a sot at it... ;)
7) The Due South Eps. I asked my local DVD store for the box set (they can usually get anything) but so far they haven't come through for me :(
8) Christmas Cards! Since, you know, I'm in China, no Christmas for me :( I'd really love something of the season :D
9) Christmas Carols/Songs!! It's not even December yet, and I'm already missing Christmas. *sigh* I'm already feeling lonely.
10) Suggestions for lesson plans for my kids.
For my kindergartens I need some more games. They've grown bored with Duck, Duck, Goose, and memory. I need games that can be played with very little explination since they basically have 40 words in their English vocabulary.
And for my high school. I really don't know what to do with them. Right now we're either playing games that get them talking or having discussions. If you know of any good games, or can think of a topic of discussion, along with some questions to go with it, that'd be great!
PS. It has now been decided that mamafunny2000 is my soul twin!!
I <3 you mamafunny2000 Thanks for agreeing with me and making me feel better. *hugs*